- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files, reconcile accounts
- Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures.
- Assisting with month-end process and related financial analysis.
- Establish tables of accounts and assigning entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, implement, modify and document record keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Advise clients in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting or data processing systems, or long-range tax or estate planning.
- Transaction data entry, account reconciliation, general ledger write-up and journal entry preparation for adjustment of books as required by US GAAP
- Period-End Close Process Management
- Compilation, Analysis, and Presentation of Financial Statements.
- Reconciliation of Bank Accounts, Credit Lines, & Loan Payments
- Effective work paper preparation in compliance with firm standards and procedures
- Develop, maintain and analyze budgets, prepare periodic reports that compare budget costs to actual costs.
Tax preparation role:
- Prepare the tax returns from Accounting data and entering them into the Tax software.
- Recognizing tax saving opportunities for clients.
- Preparing tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships and corporations.
- Proactively interact with clients to gather information, resolve tax-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Preparation of federal, state and local income tax returns for individuals and various types of corporate entities including but not limited to C-Corp, S-Corp, LLC, etc.
- Tax Compliance (Domestic & International)
- Preparation of payroll, sales tax, and other miscellaneous business filings as requested.
Required qualification: Bachelor's Degree (or foreign equivalency) in the field of Accountancy, Finance, Commerce, Taxation or a related field.